519 Second Avenue North
Toll Free: (800) 764-4492
Phone: (306) 653-4653
Fax: (306) 653-2166
The brewery was built in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan in 1927 and operated under the name of Hub City Brewing Company. The plant became the Western Canada Brewing Company in 1930 and then Drewery’s Limited in 1932. The capacity of the Brewery at that time was 72 bottles per minute. Compare that to today’s 360 bottles and 480 cans per minute.
The brewery was acquired in 1956 and operated as O’Keefe Brewing until 1989. When Carling O’Keefe amalgamated with Molson Brewing Company, the intended closure created an opportunity for the employees. The employees pooled their resources and in 1989 formed the Great Western Brewing Company. Now with a management-led employee group, the Great Western Brewing Company is one of Canada’s most successful regional brewers and an internationally recognized producer of world-class beer.