Lake of the Woods Brewing Company

350 Second Street
South Kenora, Ontario
P9N 1G5

Phone: (807) 468-BEER

  • Follow us on Facebook
  • Follow us on Twitter

Member's Story

It all started back in 1898 when entrepreneur Abraham Kingdon opened the doors to the original Lake of the Woods Brewing Company in downtown Kenora. The brewery closed for a period during prohibition but was soon re-opened by Stanley Drewery in 1927. Unable to compete with the emergence of large national breweries, the brewery closed its doors in 1954...until now. June 29th, 2013 marked the opening of Kenora's first brewery in 59 years. Local, fresh, handcrafted beer has returned. Proud of Kenora's brewing heritage, Lake of the Woods Brewing Company uses the same simple ingredients used by the brewers of the past: fresh, Canadian Shield water, malted barley, yeast and hops.